Saturday, July 15, 2006

Brand new blog

I am not an intuitive cook.

Occasionally I'll try to get the better of my non-intutive self and throw things - cumin, chopped-up basil leaves, dried cranberries, lemon zest, wheat germ - into a skillet and hope for the best. Only it's never the best. Usually it's barely edible.

I have come to terms with my lack of intuition in the kitchen. I have embraced it. I buy cookbooks and get recipes from people who cook and occasionally, in desperation, look up recipes online. And I'm not a bad cook. If you can follow directions, you can cook. There's really not that much creativity involved.

This blog is dedicated to people like me, who wouldn't know "a pinch" or "to taste" if it bit them on the chopping knife.

Happy cooking, with directions. :c)

No comments: